Every dollar makes a difference.
Putting the South Coast First
Our part of Oregon is special and we face special challenges.
Our local economy was already hurting with hits to the timber industry and commercial fishing. The state and national recession just made it worse.
I've demanded coastal Oregon solutions for our region's problems.
I've rolled up my sleeves and put the South Coast first:
- I made our kids our top priority by protecting funding for K-12 and expanding healthcare for 80,000 children.
- I secured $12.6 million to purchase the Coos Bay Rail Line so we can stop layoffs at mills and keep plants open.
- I led the effort to deepen the Port at Coos Bay to bring thousands of new container jobs to our area in the years ahead.
- I've worked to force officials in Washington, DC to keep their promises and make federal timber payments.
- I fought to increase funding for Project Independence so more seniors can get the care they need in their own homes, instead of a nursing home.
During 32 years as a high school principal and teacher, I taught our kids how important it is to respect each other's differences and that we win when we work together.
I've taken those same lessons to Salem and reached across the aisle to get things done for our communities.
Oregonians are hurting. Too many people are out of work. Too many families have lost their homes.
The challenges we face aren't liberal or conservative. They are Oregon challenges.
And we can solve them with honesty, independence and determination.
It's been an honor to serve the people of the South Coast for the past 5 years.
In 2010, I respectfully ask for your vote so we can keep turning the tide for our families.
Representative Arnie Roblan