Every dollar makes a difference.
Campaign Kickoff for Senate District 5
WHO: Arnie Roblan’s Campaign for State Senate
WHAT: Campaign Kickoff for Senate District 5
WHEN: 9:00 AM, Saturday, April 28
WHERE: Oregon Coast Aquarium, 2820 SE Ferry Slip Rd., Newport
NEWPORT – Friends and supporters are invited to join Representative Arnie Roblan on Saturday, April 28 at 9:00AM at the Oregon Coast Aquarium in Newport where the Co-speaker of the House will officially kick off his campaign for the State Senate District 5 seat. More information is available on the campaign website arnieforsenate.com or by contacting Campaign Manager Rosie Shatkin by email at email@example.com.
Senate District 5 is currently served by Senator Joanne Verger, who recently announced that she would not seek re-election next year. The district runs along the Oregon coast from Coos Bay to Tillamook Bay.
A long-time resident of Coos Bay, Roblan had a distinguished career as an educator before entering elective politics. Over the years, he has accrued an impressive list of accomplishments. As one of the most effective members of the Oregon House, Representative Roblan:
- Was unanimously elected as Co-Speaker of the Oregon House by his colleagues.
- Created an environment of bipartisanship as Co-Speaker that led to a historically successful session.
- balanced the budget, championed education and health care reform, and increased support for Oregon’s small businesses.
- was named “Statesman of the Year” along with his Republican Co-Speaker.
- Advocated for deepening the Port at Coos Bay to bring thousands of new container jobs to the coast.
- worked with Congressional leaders to rebuild the Coos Bay Rail Line.
- worked with colleagues and local officials to recruit the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to build its Pacific base in Newport.
“As a former educator, I know how to get people to put aside their differences, work together and focus on the task at hand. That’s what I’ve done to help create hundreds of new jobs in my House District. I’m running for Senate so I can create a better economic future for more families up and down Oregon’s coast,” said Roblan.
Roblan maintains that “job creation for middle class families is my top priority. People on the coast know we don’t face Democratic problems or Republican problems in these tough times…we face Oregon problems. Running on a strong record of achievement and a results-oriented philosophy, Roblan says “I’ve spent my time in Salem working with folks from both sides of the aisle to find the very best ideas to bring more jobs to our state. I’ll have the opportunity to do even more as the people’s representative in the Senate.”